What we put into our bodies is so important and that is what we get really excited about…about being a part of your lifestyle.
Juli Metcalf Ghazi – Owner
We began with the idea of a healthier pizza using farm-fresh ingredients & decided we couldn’t launch a brand that was intentional in one area, without being intentional in ALL areas:
- Our commitment to the environment means being committed to what we purchase, how we prepare our food, the small wares on which we serve & our recycling/composting initiatives in the kitchen and dining room are ways we work each day to minimize our environment impact.
- Our commitment to our team environment includes paying living wages, flexible work hours, paid time off & a variety of different benefits available to employees.
- Our commitment to sustainable neighborhoods is having locations in urban settings which also provide unique, artistic bike parking to encourage guest to ride & walk rather than drive.
- Our commitment to health is an innovative approach to pizza. By sourcing as much as possible that is local, sustainable &/or organic, cutting out refined oils, sugars & salt, no high-fructose corn syrup & GMOs – we pledge to lessen the impact our foods have on obesity, heart disease & Type II diabetes.
- Our commitment to our community is creating monthly opportunities for our employees & customers to become engaged in hands-on experiences with local non-profits.
- Our global commitment is by providing micro-funds in developing countries to farmers to help increase agricultural production, create entrepreneurial independence & increase household incomes.
CLASSIC NEAPOLITAN CRUST
Made from organically grown unbleached/unbromated flour milled in NC. It is for those of you who want the best version of the pizza you grew up with. Neapolitan refers to Naples, the epicenter of the pizza world, but there are many styles of Neapolitan pizza, from thin to thick. Ours is relatively thin but with a nice, puffy edge (called the cornicione in Italy) which, when properly made, tastes like the best ciabatta bread. We know ours does.
SPROUTED ANCIENT GRAIN CRUST
Featuring a variety of nutrient rich grains such as: quinoa, amaranth, buckwheat, and whole wheat, to name a few. There is no other pizzeria in the world making anything like this. We know that even though most people want to eat healthy foods, they won’t do so unless they also taste great. Sprouting the grains before they are dried and milled into flour brings out the fullest flavor inherent in them, and also maximizes their nutritional and digestive value. This flour is sprouted and milled in NC by a proprietary method that produces, in our opinion, the absolute best tasting 100% whole grain dough possible. We think that sprouted whole grain flour represents the next frontier in baking.
GLUTEN-FREE SPROUTED ANCIENT GRAIN CRUST
Made with all the same 100% whole grains as our regular Ancient Grain dough but without the wheat. All the other grains are gluten-free. There is no other dough like this served anywhere and we believe it is by far the best tasting gluten-free crust you will ever have; one that even non-gluten sensitive people will enjoy. These doughs are baked in their own pans and kept in a separate place to protect them from cross-contamination or contact with wheat flour. However, they are baked in the same oven as our regular pizzas so, if you are in the top percentile of the highly sensitive celiac community, please keep this in mind.
THE TOPPINGS, SAUCE & CHEESE
Our toppings are seasonally sourced through local, sustainable and/or organic farmers. Our tomato sauce is made from 100% organically grown California tomatoes, selected by world famous pizza master Chris Bianco and packaged with his signature by DiNapoli Tomatoes. Our cheeses are the finest Wisconsin and North Carolina cheeses. As you can tell, we’re proud of our pizzas and of the choices we’ve made in bringing them to you. Please feel free to E-mail us if you have any questions about the origin of the ingredients or our method.